CSV import is one of the most commonly tried methods for transferring small to medium-sized data files from other applications into NetSuite.
The CSV import process is a time saver and prevents errors too. This is done with the help of data submitted in a CSV (comma-separated value) file.
An advantage is that data can be easily added or updated to it with the ability of more than one record at a time. This saves the need to enter data manually.
You can save the import job to be run later. After you successfully save an import, reusing its mapping for later import jobs is a possibility as well. Moreover, you can share it with other users.
How to Import CSV to NetSuite?
To import your CSV file into NetSuite ERP, you need to use the “Import CSV” feature. Here is how you can do it:
- Log in to your NetSuite account and go to the “Customization” section.
- Under the “Lists, Records, & Fields” subtab, click on “Import/Export Definitions.”
- Tap on the “New” button and select “Import CSV” from the dropdown list.
- Choose the type of record you want to import the CSV file into.
- Click on the “Choose File” tab and click on the CSV file that you want to import.
- Now, tap the “Next” button to proceed to the next step.
- Next is the “Field Mapping” step; map those fields in your CSV files to the fields in NetSuite.
- Click the “Next” button to proceed to the next step.
- In the “Import Options” step, you can specify options such as whether to send emails upon completion of the import and whether to update existing records.
- Click the “Start Import” button to begin the import process.
It’s important to note that your CSV file must be in a specific format in order to be imported successfully into NetSuite. The first row of the CSV file should contain the field names, and each subsequent row should contain the data for each record. The field names and data should be separated by commas.
Benefits of Converting CSV to NetSuite
There are multiple benefits to converting CSV (Comma Separated Values) files to NetSuite:
Improved data accuracy: CSV files are prone to data errors due to manual entry or formatting issues. Converting the data to NetSuite ensures that your data is clean and accurately stored.
Enhanced data analysis: NetSuite allows you to analyze and report on your data in more powerful and sophisticated ways.
Better data organization: NetSuite provides a central repository for all your data, making it easier to find and organize information.
Increased efficiency: Importing data from CSV files into NetSuite can save time and reduce the need for manual data entry.
Enhanced security: NetSuite provides powerful security features to protect your data from unauthorized access.
Overall, converting CSV files to NetSuite can help you better use your data and streamline your business processes. Contact professionals from Power Cloud ERP solutions for a better understanding and usage of NetSuite. Call (866) 517-8483 to connect with us.